Monday, September 22, 2008
Response Entry to Assn. #1B
Assignment 1B took a long time! It was a tedious process with a lot of second guess and experimentation. I felt this project was an excercise in not trying to try. I at first was creating somewhat of a story. Not with a beginning, middle, and end, but it definitely had a protagonist in my head. I felt it made it easier for me. Then, I began experimenting with themes and feelings. I would close my eyes, with the prompt in my mind, and then listen. Did I feel, "Saints rising like falling stars?" I saw in my head a mixture of religion (life) with falling stars (death). I began to experiment with contrasting sounds and then stumbled upon the idea of mixing stability, rhythm, and just when you thought you knew what was coming next, bam, a different more intense and unpleasant aural experince. We experimented with mixture of reversal sounds, speed changes, and then contrasting normal speed sounds. Overall, it came out quite nicely and fist the prompt, "Saints rising like falling stars."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment