Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Artist's Manifesto

My name is Jordan Ferry and I'm a film-a-holic. Not that funny? Oh well, I don't give a damn. I am a filmmaker, not a videomaker. I feel that all students need to use film; atleast, once in their life. It's not that expensive look into it! I used to be in love with the advancements of digital technology, but since I bought my Krasnogorsk-3 Super 16mm camera off eBay, I've changed my mind. I believe eBay is a haven for filmmakers and that the best thing communism ever did for filmmakers was give them cheap cameras. I love film, and always want to use it. I have made a couple of shorts and am trying to write a script. I have directed a documentary for Playwrights Producing Compnay (PPC) over the summer, and am currently editing it for entry in Visions '08. Recently, I've been hired to be a producer for Teal TV. It is a television broadcaster run by students of UNCW. I want to be a director in the future. I want to also direct a feature length film before I graduate.

No comments: