Saturday, September 6, 2008
Response Entry to Assn. #1A
For assignment numbero uno ah, I worked with Dylan, Kristian, and Brandon. We went to Brandon's apartment, and began compiling a list of different sounds there. We became inspired and started looking for different and unique audio clips. To get perfect ambient noise of crickets in the woods, next to the Apartments, we went around and "shut off" the airconditioning units to six different homes. What we didn't know we did, was we shut off the power grid, temporarily, which we later got back on. We compiled a number of sounds when we traveled down the road to the local Target shopping center. With the permission of the Head Manager, we recorded room tone, and various conversations, and sound effects involving drink machines, and ice. Along the road we grabbed cars passing and car horns. Each member did an equal amount of work between picking sounds, recording sounds, listening to the sounds, and recording the timecode in our time logs. In total, it took about three hours to get 25 special effects, 10 conversations, and 5 ambient sounds. Overall, I believe we got an effective sound library that is both creative and varied. I felt that listening to the sounds on the clamshell hurt the initial response to our sounds, but in the end, I believe that when listened to properly, and then incorporated into Assignment #1B, they will serve to make an interesting audible landscape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment