Monday, September 22, 2008

Light Journals

Light Journal #1 - I'm sitting in a classroom watching 'Veritgo.' The projector is in the rear, a stream of fine lines of light streak above my head, dust particles illuminate the beam. A computer monitor is on in the left hand corner of the room. It's pools of light remove contrast from the screen, and I can barely see the image on the projection screen. The door's window is covered with a black garbage bag, and the lights from the hall way create a slight halo effect all around the frame of the door. From behind me, the windows to the outisde are also covered, but light creeps through. The students in front of me are silhoetted as there is more light in front of them and my eyes cannot open enough to see details in their shoulders and back.

Light Journal #2 - Outside of the Seahawk Landing is the 'Landing Strip.' Light pours in from all the windows of domiciles above. different shades of black hit the sidewalk, as curtains and other objects within the windows of each home cast varying levels of light. Lamp posts run down the strip. A fine mist is in the air, and the lamps have a halo around them. Unfortunately, I can't see the stars above me, I can see the moon, it is full right now, but I can't see the stars. There is so much light pollution! Large windows, such as that of the Market Place and Recreation Area, cast large sections of light on the ground. Bushes, lamps, and bikes cast long shadows.

No comments: